Like us on Facebook

Friday 22 February 2019

Never, Never, Never Be Late


A WhatsApp Forward

A Pastor was being honoured at his retirement dinner after 25 years in the parish.

The leading local legislator was chosen to make the presentation and to give a little speech at the dinner.

However, he was late, so the Pastor decided to say his own few words while they waited.

He commenced. “Thank Goodness we have a wonderful sense of humour!”

“I got my first impression of this parish from the very first confession I ever heard here. The very first person who entered my confessional told me he had stolen a television set and, when questioned by the police, was able to lie his way out of it.  He had stolen money from his parents; misappropriated his employer’s funds; had an affair with his boss’s wife; taken illegal drugs; was arrested several times.  I was appalled that one person could do so many awful things. I thought I had been assigned to a terrible place.”

Just as the Pastor finished his talk, the legislator arrived full of apologies at being late.

He immediately began his speech. “I’ll never forget the first day our Priest arrived,” said the legislator. “In fact, I had the honour of being the first person to go to him for confession.”

Life literally abounds in comedy if you just look around you.

😄😅😜😜




 ....

No comments:

Post a Comment